Backyard Outfitters Blog
Free pool advice and tips
How big are backyard pools?
What is the average size of a pool in Florida?
The average size of a pool in Florida ranges from 10 ft. x 20 ft. to 20 ft. x 40 ft. However, there is a lot of in between options and availability.
Average pool sizes in Florida:
- Standard small pool dimensions: 10 ft. x 20 ft.
- Standard medium pool dimensions: 15 ft. x 30 ft.
- Standard large pool dimensions: 20 ft. x 40 ft.
What is the average pool perimeter size?
Using the above dimensions, most indoor residental pools have the following average pool perimeter dimensions.
- Standard small pool perimeter: 60 ft.
- Standard medium pool perimeter: 90 ft.
- Standard large pool perimeter: 120 ft.
What is the smallest backyard pool option?
The smallest backyard, inground pools are typically labeled as plunge pools.
What is a plunge pool?
A plunge pool is a small, deep pool that is designed for sitting, wading, or lounging. They’re perfect for those that want a nice, relaxing time in the pool without the need for larger space. They typically have a few steps or seating areas built in to the pool for lounging.
The cons of a plunge pool are that you likely won’t be able to swim laps or host large pool parties.
What are the dimensions of a plunge pool?
Plunge pools are typically rectangular in shape and have the following average dimensions.
- Standard plunge pool dimensions: 8-12 ft. x 12-24 ft.
- Standard plunge pool depth: 4 ft. to 8 ft.
Custom pool design and construction
Don’t worry – you’re not stuck with specific dimensions, sizes, or shapes for your backyard pool design. Our team creates completely custom pool designs to match your wants and needs. Get the most out of your pool by working with our team to make your dream pool a reality.